The “Giassara” of Forni
S.S. 350, località Forni, frazione di Valdastico
Tel. 0445 749500 (IAT Tonezza del Cimone)
The mentioned "Giassàra" is situated on the road to Trento, now the state road no. 350, just above the junction for Valpegara, a small town on the right bank of Astico, and it is a monument worth knowing of. Built at the initiative of Pastor Don Domenico Calvi, the building carries the writing "The Icehouse of the Parish of Forni" A.D. 1898; the proceeds from the sale of ice were for the benefit of the parish itself.
The foundations are circular, with a diameter of 8 meters, the stone walls rise up to 10 meters reaching the semi-spherical dome which closes the top of the building with a movable stone, allowing the inserting of ice.